20.3.16

iOS 10 Whishlist

Congratulations – you're going to read my first tech blog post. I'm really looking forward to Apple's march keynote but the excitement about the new softwares: iOS 10, OSX 10.12, watch OS 3 and tv OS 2 is a lot bigger. I'd like to share with you my personal opinion how Apple's developper team could improve it's mobile operating system.

Picture in picture

What is picture in picture? So let me explain it to you: I bet you have the YouTube app installed on your iPhone. While watching a video you can swipe the video down to explore more content in the app. So that's picture in picture. With iOS 9 Apple included this feature to the newest iPad models (Pro, Air 2 and Mini 4) but also a lot of iPhones could support this feature. I do wanna watch a video or a movie while I'm tweeting, responding messages or checking out my instagram account.

Split screen view

An other exlusive iPad (again the Pro, Air 2 and Mini 4 models) feature in iOS 9 is split screen view.
Come on Apple please give us in iOS 10 the ability to run 2 apps parallely. Imagine: You have a picture with informations on it which you have to copy in your notes app. Instead of switching between both apps, you can run them next to each other – this would be so handy.

16:9 Pictures

It is a small whish from me to Apple. I do often take photos with the snapchat app because the camera app does not support the 16:9 formate (only video).

 Pay

The  pay roll out should be faster! This mobile payment service is limited to a handfull countries and a dozen banks. I personally want  pay in Switzerland so bad since they anounced it at their keynote years ago. Many shops in European countries like Germany, Switzerland, France and Italy do own an NFC terminal so the conditions to release this payment service are brilliant.

 pay could also be a easy and simple way to send cash to your friends, family and maybe to pay bills. Open the wallet app, select the card which should be charged, tap 'send cash', choose the contact who should get the money, the amount and confirm the payment with your fingerprint – this would be so fabulous!

Face Time

Skype has it and Apple has it not: Group video calls. It isn't the feature that I personally want the most but it would be very cool to FaceTime with more than one person for private or for business purpose.

NFC

Right now the NFC antena is only limited for one use: Making purchases with  pay. The developpers should open the NFC function to other app developpers so they can use the positive aspects about this technology. As an example to send and share datas like pictures, videos and contacts or for connecting your iPhone with external speakers.

3D Touch

Right now is 3D Touch only a gimmick. Yes you have live pictures where your images get a Harry Potter look when they're moving around and yes the app shortcuts are handy but I think there is so much potential behind this technology. Here is one thought how 3D touch could be improved: 3D touch an icon in the control center (like the WiFi one) and it jumpes right in to the WiFi setting.

Control Center

Apple introduced with iOS 7 the control center – and hell yes they copied this feauture from Android. But it's so practical to change the brightnes of the device with only 2 swipes. But right now I'm missing some buttons like the 4G on–off, location on–off,  low battery mode on–off … So Apple pelease include them to the control center.

Rechability

With the bigger iPhones Apple also launched reachability. If you double tap, not click, the home button the top of the screen slides down and you can reach the upper content. I personally do not use this function that often. It would be so much better if the screensize would shrink down to a 4 inch display and move down to the right or left corner.

Keyboard

I'm not yet an iPhone plus user but my next iPhone will be a phablet. And I know how hard it is to control the device with one hand, especially for typing a text. So Samsung has a phenomenal feature which shrinks the keybord's size down (only in the width). I know there are some third–party keybords which do give you the same advantage but I do not like third–party apps because they sometimes need a lot of internal storage.

Close all tabs

I bet you all have this little problem: There is no way to close all open app tabs at ones. Instead of closing every single tab in the app switcher separately, I'd love to kill all launched apps immediately. An easy gesture to kill all open apps would be a single swipe up or down from the home screen card.